This summer we will continue with our research about ticks and the risk of Lyme disease on Staten Island.
Our activities will try to improve our understanding of:
- Mice and small mammal activity in the yard using hair traps and camera traps!
- How frequent and where are people at risk of tick encounters using The Tick App!
- Staten Islanders' personal experiences with ticks and prevention methods undertaken to mitigate risks.
How can you help us?
1. You can sign up to receive hair traps, camera traps or both, depending on your location on Staten Island (Mid-Island or South).
2. You can download The Tick App and complete very short 1-min surveys using your phone for 15 days and a one-time phone survey. We will thank you for your participation with a gift card with a value of $25.00.